A wonderfully relaxing treatment with many health benefits. Reflexology is a holistic therapy based on the principle that reflex points in the feet are linked to specific parts of the body. By applying pressure with fingers and thumbs to the reflex points, reflexology can encourage relaxation and the body’s natural healing processes.
My clients have found that treatments can:
- reduce stress and anxiety,
- lift mood,
- improve sleep,
- aid pain relief (including that associated with back and pelvic pain, arthritis and headaches),
- help with digestive issues
Clients also find reflexology helpful with symptoms of menopause, PMT and issues surrounding fertility.
I specialise in Maternity Reflexology and women's health so please do get in touch for a free consultation.
1 hour reflexology treatment £45
Clients report that they feel many benefits of reflexology throughout their maternity journey:
Reflexology offers relaxation and support at a time when hormone levels fluctuate and anxieties often occur.
Second and third trimester
Reflexology can be used to support general well-being and sleep patterns as well as help with some of the physical symptoms associated with pregnancy and reducing stress leading upto the birth.
Preparation for birth
As you get closer to you due date you may find it useful to have treatments a little more frequently as it can help you to relax the body and prepare for labour, reduce anxiety and allow you precious time to focus on yourself and your baby.
As your reflexologist I can continue to provide support once your baby has arrived. You may also be interested in Tiny Toes Reflexology and Baby Massage classes.
Studies have supported the following benefits of reflexology:
- Reflexology in pregnancy significantly reduced pain during labour (1,2) and reduced the length of the first stage of labour.
- 6 weekly treatments of reflexology prior to birth for women who experienced low back and / or pelvic girdle pain during their pregnancy significantly reduced the second stage of labour by 44.3 minutes. (3)
- Reduced pain and stress levels during labour for women with low back pain or pelvic girdle pain.(4)
- Foot reflexology was found to have a positive effect in lowering the total anxiety scores of women in labour. (5)
- Improved sleep quality in post-natal women. (6)
If you would like to see a list of study references please do not hesitate to contact me.
1 hour maternity reflexology treatment £45